The third of Konami’s very excellent range of large-scale Ichigo Mashimaro PVC figurines, this Veterinarian Matsuri costs 4,200 yen and was released in September. Woah that means this review is like what, 3 months late? I already have gotten the fourth installment of this series, Air Stewardess Miu, a few weeks ago, such is the lateness. Anyway, Matsuri comes with quite a fair bit of option parts, as is characteristic of this series. She has her trademark spectacles, a stethoscope and a stool. Not THAT stool, but a type of chair.
It’s a bit odd that the animal Matsuri is holding isn’t John (who is actually named after John Frusciante of Red Hot Chili Peppers. Ana’s dog is called Frusciante. Barasui loves rock.) but the Itoh sisters’ dog, whatever-suke.
I’ll let the pictures do the talking because I woke up at 4 am today for work. Not exactly what you call good pictures though.
1. Ichigo Mashimaro is one of the epic must-watch anime and in the category of "MUST BUY WHATEVER MERCHANDISE RELEASED" series. Alongside School Rumble, Last Exile and other luminaries.
2. The base is a diorama. Creative and allows for freedom to pose and cutting out any possibility of leaning. The stool (LOL) is contoured on its seat to fit her butt, which increases her stability.
3. Reasonably cute. The dog, whatever-suke, is very well-made and painted.
4. Useful option parts. The spectacles are necessary of course and the stethoscope is quite realistic, with a soft rubbery cord. The glasses slot into two holes on either side of her head.
5. The pose is serene, which fits the mood of the series. ALL of the Konami figures of Ichimaro so far have them in sitting positions and this is far better because it makes them look more compact and petite. Puchi stuff are cuter of course. Just ask Clayz’s 1/6 Saber.
6. Good filler character to complement the upcoming and existing Ichigo Mashimaro figures.
1. Her forehead is so gigantic, she looks like POTATOHEAD.
2. Her hair sucks. The seam is as noticeable as a sexy nude Yakumo lying on your bed, just that these two are on polar ends of the desirability scale. The painting is flat and boring and her manga-style dark brown tips look like she just swam in face-deep crude oil saturated seawater.
3. The spectacles do not fit perfectly most of the time and have to be continuously adjusted.
4. Whatever-suke was featured. Dogs are scum, cats rule. Ferrets too. And how come whatever-suke doesn’t have his penis showing? How unrealistic.
5. No upskirt or anything. Not that anyone is interested in 11-year olds. Except Darkmirage and Tsubaki. Eeew.
Stethoscope is well-made and detailed.
It’s a good buy if you’re a fan of Ichigo Mashimaro and particularly, Matsuri. Like that Os. Otherwise, a rather plain and uninteresting figurine.